Green juice is concocted from vegetables and also a small amount of fruits. The vegetables that do very well as ingredients for green juice are – cucumbers, celery, kale, chard, romaine lettuce, broccoli, parsley, sprouts, and spinach.
The vegetables that can add a kick to it are red, yellow or orange peppers, garlic, ginger, red cabbage, and a carrot or so. In case, you want to add fruits to it, you can add lime and some other fruits.
But try to limit fruits as they willing crease the sugar level. In green juice the focus is on the alkaline goodness. Apples, pears, or melons are good choices of fruits to be added in green juice.
The best part of green juice is that the amount of vegetables that go into making the juices. If they are left in their whole form it will not be a pleasant idea for all. But when juiced together they create a wonderful symphony that is delicious and healthy. Here are the benefits of juicing greens-
- Allows you to consume a vast range of vegetables which you will not eat in whole form
- Drinking the veggies in liquid form will allow a fast nutrient consumption.
- Liquid form will also enable easy digestion.
- It also brings down appetite as you are eating what your body craves
- It has an alkalizing effect on your body
- It has a good impact on the immune system
- Tastes delicious !
Here are some of the top green juice recipes.
This is called the Perfect Morning Essential- You will need 4-6 Carrots, 4 stalks of Celery, 1 Lemon , 1 Macintosh or Yellow Apple. Shove them in the vertical juicer to enjoy the delicious juice. Hot Afternoon Boost can be made with 4-6 Carrots, 4-6 stalks Celery, 1/2 bunch Cilantro, 2 Roma Tomatoes and 1 Lemon.
If you go for a work-out, then Power After-Workout Drink is great for rejuvenating you after the exercise. You will need 1/2 romaine lettuce, 3-4 leaves of kale, 3-4 carrots, 1/2 bunch carrot top, 1 apple and 1 lime. Juice them together in a masticating juicer.
Serious Detox is meant to cleanse the body of all the toxins. Juice together 1/2 green apple, 1 lime, 1 large beet, 3-4 leaves beet tops, 3-4 carrots, 3-4 celery stalks and a small piece of ginger.
- Excellent Craving Response: You will need 3-4 large leaves of kale, 1 whole stalk of leek, 1 lime, 1 large Tomato, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 3-4 carrots and a small piece of ginger. This juice is great to treat excess appetite.
- Delightful Green Snack: You will need 1/2 of red cabbage, 3-4 stalks of celery, 4-5 leaves of kale, 1 lemon, 1 lime, 1 apple and a small piece of fresh ginger.
- Sweet Filling Delight: You will need 3 cups fresh baby spinach, 1 lime, 1 large tomato, 2-3 carrots and 1/2 carrot top bunch, 1/2 bunch parsley and 1 stalk celery.
- Quick Cleansing Drink: You will need 2-3 carrots, 4 cucumbers, small piece of fresh Ginger, 1 lemon and a whole beet.
- Variety Vitamin Drink: You 1 lemon, 2 cups of Alfa Alfa Sprouts, small piece of fresh ginger, 2 carrots, 3 cucumbers and 1/2 bunch parsley.
- Exquisite Green Goodness: You will need 3-4 leaves of kale, 5 large romaine lettuce leaves, 1 beet, 1/2 bunch of cilantro, 1 lime, 2 cups fresh spinach and 1/2 apple.
Also Check: How to Live a Healthy Lifestyle Essay
Green juice is best made in a masticating juicer that keeps the nutritional balance of the juice intact.