If you are looking for the best wood chips for gas grilling, then you have come to the right place. There are a few things that you need to consider when choosing the right type of wood chips for your grill. The first thing that you need to think about is the type of grill that you have.
You will need to determine if you want a charcoal grill or a gas grill. The next thing that you need to think about is the size of the grill. You will need to make sure that the wood chips that you choose will fit the size of the grill that you have.
The last thing that you need to think about is the flavor of the wood chips. You will need to make sure that the wood chips that you choose will be able to give you the flavor that you are looking for.
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Best Wood Chips For Gas Grill
Top 10 Best Wood Chips For Gas Grill Reviews
1. hoopoocolor Wood Chips
- Smoking Recipe – A natural, additive-free taste enhancer that will take your meal to the next level.
- Simple to Use – Simply burn the wood chips and cook the meal in the smoke for a few minutes, then enjoy the delicious flavor.
- Suitable for smoking a variety of foods and beverages, including meat, seafood, coffee beans, cheese, ice cream, nuts, and more.
- Apple wood chips 100g, cherry wood chips 100g, peach wood chips 100g, pear wood chips 80g are included in the package.
- Large volume packaging, ideal for outdoor activities.
hoopoocolor Wood Chips are made from a selection of 100% natural wood, flavor enhancer, taking your foods up a step. Specific formulas in each type of wood produce high concentrations of natural flavors.
It is simple to use, just burn the wood chips and keep foods with the smoke for a while, then enjoy the amazing flavor. You can also utilize it in conjunction with barbequing, meats smoking or baking, creating aromatic and pleasant dishes.
The compact size and easy portability provide convenience. They are perfect to be applied at home, traveling or hiking etc. Great as gifts and packed in attractive low-carbon paper box.
2. ax Smok’in Tinder Fine Wood Smoker Chips
- You spend a lot of money on the best cuts of meat, the best spices and rubs, and thousands on your high-tech smoker. Remember that wood is also a component. When grilling and smoking meats and veggies, Jax Smok’in Tinder wood chip fragrance will deliver the greatest flavor. Flavor is smoked. Wood-smoked ribs, steaks, chicken, fish, and burgers are among our favorites. With Jax Smok’in Tinder, your meat, fish, or vegetables will be transformed into something absolutely spectacular.
- Wood chips for Jax Smok’in Tinder Smoker are sourced from Missouri, Texas, and Colorado. As a superb cocktail smoker wood, this smoking chips for smoker bundle pack of fine wood shavings may also be used as smoke gun wood chips. Also, the weather isn’t always predictable when it comes to using an outside grill. So chips can be used in a stovetop smoker, or try this easy method for building a stovetop smoker with items you already have in your kitchen: a saucepan, foil, and a metal steamer insert.
- Jax Smok’in Tinder Wood Chips for Smoking are packaged in paper bags and boxed to allow for air circulation. Before using, we recommend soaking our Wood Smoking Chips in water for 30 to 45 minutes. Drain the water after soaking, then place your charcoal/wood pieces or chip box on top for the perfect smoke. This wetness is what gives your meat and vegetables their natural flavor.
- Only Premium BBQ Wood Products for Competition Pitmasters and Backyard Grillers are sold by Jax Smok’in Tinder. Our chips are most commonly used to provide wood smoke flavor to food cooked on gas and charcoal grills, as well as wood chips for electric smokers and stovetop smoking. The beauty of utilizing our smoke chips is that there are so many different flavors to choose from that you can make your own own blend. A pint of each flavor is contained in each flavor bag.
- When you’re trying out wood smoke taste for the first time, creating your own flavor combos, or just can’t determine which flavor you enjoy best, the Jax Smok’in Tinder Variety Pack is ideal. This set is also a terrific present idea for your favorite smoker. Apple, post oak, cherry, maple, hickory, mesquite, peach, and pecan are all available as Smoking Wood Chips. Great for smoking and grilling with Big Green Egg wood chips or other BBQ wood chips.
Gourmet wood goods are served by a proud U.S. veteran-owned small business to new and repeat clients. They all prefer Jax Smok’in Tinder premium woods, whether they are competition pitmasters, weekend grillers serving steaks and burgers, preparing an inside cooktop meal, or employing the bartender cocktail smoking gun.
Smokers for the Stovetop
Smoked foods have a deep, comforting flavor, but you can’t always rely on the weather to go to an outdoor grill. The resulting dish from a stovetop smoker is highly tasty.
It’s Not Just About Food
Drinks smoked with real wood chips, such as tea and coffee, produce cold smoke that does not alter the texture or temperature of your meal or drink. Also works well with meat, fish, veggies, desserts, and just about anything else!
High-Quality BBQ Wood
See why our customers keep coming back for more by trying our post oak wood chunks, pecan wood chunks, hickory wood chunks, apple wood chunks, mesquite wood chunks, maple wood chunks, or cherry wood chunks.
A Must-Have for the BBQ!
Barbecued ribs, grilled chicken, and burgers cooked over an open flame are all favorites. With Jax Smok’in Tinder, your meat, fish, or vegetables will be transformed into something absolutely spectacular.
Wood Chips (Extra Fine/Fine)
Extra Fine or Fine Chips are available. Each is generally used to give wood smoke flavor to your smoking gun or to smoke indoors on a burner.
Medium Wood Chips, Premium
4-Pack Variety Bundle of our Most Popular Medium Sized Smoke Wood Chips!
Wood Chunks for the BBQ
A 10-pound box of our wood is filled with fist-sized wood chunks for grilling or smoking.
Wood Logs for Firewood
Our cooking logs give your dish a delightful smoke flavor. Premium Firewood Cooking Wood Logs, Kiln Dried, Split to Just the Right Size – Use in a Smoker/Grill Combo for BBQ Cooking.
3. Western BBQ Smoking Wood Chips
- Apple, Mesquite, Hickory, and Cherry are among the most popular tastes.
- Each bag contains 180 cu ft of chips.
- Compatible with both electric and gas barbecues
- It’s a great opportunity to explore new tastes or quickly restock your favorites.
- Made in the United States of America
It is necessary to have the WESTERN VARIETY WOOD CHIPS 4 PACK VARIETY BUNDLE in order to elevate your barbecue experience to the next level. Wood chips enhance the flavor of your cuisine by imparting a delightful wood smoke flavor.
With the variety bundle, you will be able to sample four distinct flavors or create your own unique flavor combinations by combining different smoking chips.
4. Western BBQ Premium Wood Smoking Chips
- 4 Western Premium BBQ Smoking Chips (Apple, Cherry, and Peach)
- 180 Cubic Inches per bag (Hickory, Mesquite)
- Charcoal, gas, or ceramic grills are all compatible. Kettle Grills or Griddles Smokers that run on electricity
- Use the flavors singly or combine the woods to create your own unique flavor.
- Use these American classics as a starting point: Baby Back or Spare Ribs, Hamburgers, Whole Chicken, BBQ Smoked Wings
- There’s also a smoker box included. Stainless steel with a lid that may be removed (design may vary)
WESTERN Premium BBQ Products has established a leader in the BBQ Culture as the BBQ Wood Experts. We bring everyone together in celebration of all things BBQ, from competition pitmasters to restaurant chefs to backyard grillers.
WESTERN Premium BBQ Products offers the best BBQ wood for almost any grill, as well as other accessories to turn a cookout into a BBQ Experience. The WESTERN PREMIUM WOOD CHIPS 4 PACK VARIETY BUNDLE is necessary for elevating your BBQ experience.
With the variety pack, you can try four distinct flavors or mix and match smoking chips to create your own unique flavor. The Premium BBQ Smoking Chip Variety Pack is ideal for the following applications: When you’re first experimenting with wood smoke flavor, When creating your own taste combination, keep the following tips in mind.
Recommended Use: As a gift for your favorite BBQ enthusiast Smoking Apple BBQ Chips – All Around Excellent Flavor Pork, beef, and vegetables all benefit from it. Tangy & Mild Cherry BBQ Smoking Chips Excellent with chicken, sausages, and fish.
A Popular Classic: Hickory BBQ Smoking Chips Pork, beef, and poultry all benefit from it. Big Bold Flavor Mesquite BBQ Smoking Chips Excellent with steak, beef, and lamb.
5. Natural Wood Chips for Smoker Grill and Smoking Gun
- Enjoy Your Own Flavors: An Smoking Gun makes it possible to infuse a variety of foods and drinks with natural smoky flavors like apple wood and hickory—without adding any heat. Get ready to enjoy flavors that will make you salivate.
- More Wood Chips, More Recipes : Matching wood to meat can be really simple, you can use the universal smoking woods as a first choice. Hardwoods, or strong woods can be used by themselves, and you will get more recipes if you mix them with lighter woods.
- Pecan Woods and Oak Woods: These are strong woods, oak wood is lighter. Pecan wood similar to hickory but not quite so aggressive, it is more mellow and nuttier. Oak is a great place to start if you are a newbie to smoking. It will lend a medium to a strong flavor that is seldom overpowering.These two woods are great for beef, lamb and roasts.
- Cherry Woods and Apple Woods: These woods are not that light as other fruit trees, they have a very mild with a subtle sweet, fruity flavor. They are ideal for poultry, beef, pork (especially ham), game birds, lamb and some seafood, almost all meat and wine.
- Pear Woods and Peach Woods: These two are light fruit trees, they smoke a light sweet and fruity flavor that works great with pork, poultry and small game birds, also ideal for Whiskey, cocktail.
Apple/Pecan /Cherry /Oak /Peach /Pear Wood Chips, 6 diverse flavors for smoking meat, fish, and whiskey, offering you with the optimum mix of the proper amount of smoke for an unrivaled smokey flavor. Prepare to be enthralled by flavors that will make you salivate.
The pieces are a tad huge for a portable cocktail smoker (we recommend chopping them down in your blender, which worked great). Our smoking fuel contains no chemicals or preservatives of any type. Our forests Chips are either air dried for 18 to 24 months or kiln dried to an ideal humidity of 8%.
Smoking wood chips are made from hardwoods that have been properly prepared. To impart a smoky flavor, use a cooking torch, a smoking gun, or even a smoker. traditional drinks like the Old Fashioned, Manhattan, or Sazerac with a twist. Apple, pecan, oak, peach, pear, and cherry are among the six popular flavors of wood chips for smoking.
6. All-Natural, Whole Wood Chips for Smoker
- Natural Wood at its Finest
- Made in the United States of America
- Closure with a tie
- Smoker Wood Chips, All-Natural — Smoke with confidence, knowing that your organic smoker chips are free of chemicals, pesticides, and artificial tastes. Don’t settle for sawdust or thin shavings like the other guys; our all-natural full grilling wood chips provide a longer burn period. By experimenting with Pecan, Mesquite, and Oak Wood Chips, you can find your preferred wood for smoking meat. Hint: They all have a somewhat different flavor profile, but they’re all equally tasty.
- Hand-packed in California — Our smoking wood chips are proudly packed in the United States, from tree to box. Our cardboard boxes, unlike plastic bags from corporate companies, allow the wood to breathe, are resealable, and 100 percent recyclable. Each box also serves as a simple pattern for making a smoker box out of aluminum foil. To make an immediate tray for your barbecue wood chips, put foil around the box’s walls and then remove it.
- Any grill may be turned into a smoker — Take your grilling talents to the next level without spending a lot of money. Charcoal, electric, green egg, and gas grills are all compatible. Simply place wood smoker chips in foil, heat to high, and wait for the smoke to begin. It’ll probably become one of your new favorite barbecue accessories because it’s so simple and tasty. Find your unique smoke with this grilling set, and your friends will beg for it by name.
- Pairings for the recipes are included — Try a delectable maple herb turkey topped with pecan wood chips for a nutty smoke flavor. Or try a different take on fresh salsa with mesquite wood chips, which have a pronounced bacon-like smokiness. Are you apprehensive? Add a gentle kiss of smoked oak wood chips to your beef brisket to take it to the next level. For more ideas, check out the recipes on the back of this barbeque grill set or go to our website.
- Men’s BBQ Gifts with a Kick — Looking for a one-of-a-kind present for Dad? Create a unique grill gift basket by combining this barbeque set with fresh steaks delivered via Amazon Prime. Instead of a boring tie, give him modern smoker grill accessories that he’ll want to use and remember. These savory grill master presents for guys make fantastic dad birthday gifts, culinary gifts for husbands, and dad birthday gifts. When purchased with our 8 Piece Wood Smoked BBQ Kit, you will receive a 50% discount.
With restaurant-quality Pecan, Oak, and Mesquite Wood Chips, you can create your own own smoke flavor. You can expect a rich flavour that clears plates and impresses at parties thanks to 100 percent real hardwood and no hazardous fillers.
Our smoking wood chips are proudly packed in the United States, from tree to box. Our cardboard boxes, unlike plastic bags from corporate companies, allow the wood to breathe, are resealable, and 100 percent recyclable.
Instead of a boring tie, give him a barbeque gift set that he’ll want to use and remember. When you buy the Sampler Pack with our 8-Piece Wood Smoked BBQ Kit, you’ll save 50%. B01DVJ66H2 is the item number for this item.
7. Fire & Flavor Premium All Natural Smoking Wood Chips
- BOLD AND EARTHY: Fire and Flavor Mesquite Smoking Wood Chips add a smoky, bold, and earthy flavor to your meats
- GAS OR CHARCOAL GRILLING: Perfect for Gas or Charcoal Grills
- ADDS SMOKE FLAVOR AND COLORATION: Mesquite wood burns quickly with an intense amount of smoke – great for meats and foods that cook quickly
- 100% NATURAL: Fire & Flavor’s Smoking Wood Chips contain no bark or fillers
- EASY TO USE: Simply soak the chips in water for 30 minutes and add to your grill. You can put the wood chips on top of your charcoal, in a smoker box, or in a covered foil pan with poke holes and placed away from flames or on the side of the grill.
With Fire & Flavor Mesquite Smoking Chips, you can create a really authentic, all-natural grilling experience on any grill. To quickly add subtle mesquite flavor to any barbeque, soak chips in water for 30 minutes and then add to a gas or charcoal grill. Select the ideal wood smoke character, ranging from earthy and sweet to aromatic fruit, and improve any dish you can think of. Simply apply heat.
8. Western Premium BBQ Products Cherry BBQ Smoking Chips
- For a charcoal, gas, or electric barbecue, try Cherry BBQ Smoking Chips.
- Cooking instructions can be found in the description.
- To remove and prevent rot, cherry wood has been heat treated.
- Each packet contains 180 cubic inches of large-sized Cherry BBQ Smoking Chips.
- To prepare a variety of cherry smoked meats, use this recipe.
- Beef Sirloin or Filets, Salmon or Trout, Braised Brisket, or Pork Loin are all delicious with this sauce.
- Western Premium BBQ Products are worth trying. Burgers, Whole Chicken, BBQ Smoked Wings, or Baby Back or Spare Ribs pair well with Cherry BBQ Smoking Chips.
Cherry wood produces a mellow and fruity smoke flavor that is comparable to Apple but with a little more bite. It’s great for giving your dishes a ruby hue. To create a unique flavor, cherry can be combined with other fruit woods. Vegetables, shellfish, ribs, chicken, venison, and pork are all good candidates. Suitable for use with both gas and electric smokers.
Western Premium BBQ Products has a distinct cherry smoke taste. Western Premium BBQ Products will take your cookout to the next level. Smoked Cherry BBQ Chips They’re crafted of actual heat-treated cherry wood for a rich flavor that goes with every meal.
Cherry smoke may provide a powerful new layer of flavor to your smoked foods. Smoking chips are an excellent method to enhance the flavor of your next barbequed dish. Congratulations, fellow grill master.
To infuse your meats with a cherry taste, you added some wood smoking chips to your grill. Premium BBQ Products from the West Cherry BBQ Smoking Chips are simple to use and can be used on gas, charcoal, or electric smokers.
Add some Western Premium BBQ Products Cherry BBQ Smoking Chips to the grilling process the next time you want to make smoked meat for the family. Become the cookout hero your friends and family have been waiting for!
Place dry wood chips in a foil pack or a smoke box and place them over the heat if you’re using wood chips to smoke your meats on a gas or charcoal grill. Allow the cherry chips to begin to smoke before moving them to one side of the grill.
Close the lid on the grill and place your meat on it. Cook according to the time or temperature recommended on the package, keeping the lid covered as much as possible. Load your charcoal barbecue with lump charcoal if you’re using wood smoking chips.
Use your chosen way to fire the charcoal; however, we recommend avoiding lighter fluid to keep the natural cherry smoke taste in your meat. Fill a smoker tray or a foil bag with one to two handfuls of chips few minutes before cooking.
Place the tray or bag on the grill’s hottest portion until it starts to smoke. Move the chips with tongs once they’ve started smoking to make way for your next meal. Place your meat on the grill, close the lid, and smoke until the perfect cherry smoke taste is achieved.
WESTERN BBQ Smoking Chips are typically used to enhance the flavor of meals cooked on gas and charcoal barbecues, as well as electric smokers. Cherry wood is second only to Apple in terms of popularity growth, and it offers a mellow and fruity smoke flavor to the mix, but with a little more punch.
To create a unique flavor, cherry can be combined with other fruit woods. Vegetables, shellfish, ribs, poultry, steaks, venison, and beef-based sausages are all good candidates.
9. Mr. Bar-B-Q 05011Z Wood Smoker Chips
- PREMIUM 100% HARDWOOD CHIPS – Mr. Bar-B-smoking Q’s chips are manufactured entirely of hardwood. There are no chemicals added to these smoking chips; they are entirely natural.
- Smoky AND HEARTY FLAVOR – When you use Mr. Bar-B-Q Hickory Smoking Chips, your meal will have a great smokey and hearty flavor.
- Mr. Bar-B-Q WORKS WITH ANY HEAT SOURCE Any heat source can be used with Smoking Chips. Smokers, charcoal grills, gas grills, and even electric grills may all benefit from them!
- 100% NATURAL HICKORY WOOD – Mr. Bar-B-Qs Hickory Smoking Chips are made entirely of natural hickory wood. These chips are fantastic for smoking meat, fish, chicken, pig, ribs, vegetables, lamb, and a variety of other foods.
- 1.6 POUND BAG – Each bag of Mr. Bar-B-Q Hickory Smoking Chips weighs 1.6 pounds. This package has enough smoke chips to last you several cooking sessions!
Mr. Bar-B-Q Wood Smoker Chips | 1.6 Pound Bag | Made of 100% Hardwood | All Natural Wood Chips 179 cu. in. | Compatible with any heat source 100% NATURAL WOOD 1.6 POUND BAG PREMIUM 100% HARDWOOD CHIPS WORKS WITH ANY HEAT SOURCE Mr. Bar-B-Q smoking chips are entirely comprised of hardwood.
There are no chemicals added to these smoking chips; they are entirely natural. You can choose between sweet and fruity, conventional smoke, or spicy mesquite flavors with Mr. Bar-B-Q Smoking Chips.
All of these tastes are available and can be used to “spice” up your smoking experience! Any heat source will work with Mr. Bar-B-Q Smoking Chips. Smokers, charcoal grills, gas grills, and even electric grills may all benefit from them!
Mr. Bar-B-Qs Smoking Chips are made entirely of natural ingredients. These chips are fantastic for smoking meat, fish, chicken, pig, ribs, vegetables, lamb, and a variety of other foods. A 1.6-pound package of Mr. Bar-B-Q Smoking Chips is available. This package has enough smoke chips to last you several cooking sessions!
Smoking chips from Mr. Bar-B-Q can be used on any heat source! They’re perfect for use in smoker boxes on gas barbecues, charcoal grills, smokers, and even electric grills! Prior to smoking, the smoking chips must be soaked in water. After soaking the chips in water, place them in a smoker box or a regular smoker.
For decades, Mr. Bar-B-Q has been creating 100 percent natural smoking chips. Each packet of smoking chips is sourced directly from the tree. To give the wood its smell, no chemicals or other additives are used. Each flavor is derived from the tree that bears the same name. These chips come in 1.6-pound packs that can cover up to 179 cubic feet.
The most typical smokey flavor comes from Mr. Bar-B-Q Hickory Smoking Chips. Hickory BBQ is probably the first flavor that springs to mind when you think about smoked food. Mr. Bar-B-Q smoking chips are entirely comprised of hardwood. These chips are fantastic for smoking meat, fish, chicken, pig, ribs, vegetables, lamb, and a variety of other foods.
Mr. Bar-B-Q Apple Smoking Chips offer your dish a mellow, smokey, yet fruity flavor. This flavor goes well with poultry, beef, pork, and a variety of other foods. Mr. Bar-B-Q smoking chips are entirely comprised of hardwood. These chips are fantastic for smoking meat, fish, chicken, pig, ribs, vegetables, lamb, and a variety of other foods.
Mesquite is the most well-known wood for adding a spicy, smoky flavor to your dish. It’s the most smoky of all the woods, and it’s known for its strong flavor. Mr. Bar-B-Q smoking chips are entirely comprised of hardwood. These chips are fantastic for smoking meat, fish, chicken, pig, ribs, vegetables, lamb, and a variety of other foods.
10. Smoker Box for Wood Chips
- Great smoky flavor from any grill: place this heavy-duty smoker box beneath the grill grates and above the burners and experience the amazing smokey scents from your gas grill! Fit for a king: ribs, chicken, chops, or pork!
- Easily achieve mouthwatering meats: this smoke box will turn your barbeque into that of a seasoned pitmaster, allowing you to consistently produce drool-worthy steaks, poultry, and chops. They’ll be smelt a mile away, and you’ll be the flavor of the month!
- Simple to exchange wood chips: the open top on this portable smoker box makes it simple to switch your cherry wood chips for pecan wood chips by simply pouring out the old chips and replacing them with fresh ones. Grilling like a pro has never been easier!
- Become a meat aficionado: With this wood chip smoking box, you will receive the taste you’ve been looking for and more as you explore the hundreds of smoking choices to show off your abilities! Meat-eaters adore a good smoke-flavored piece of meat, and each wood chip can offer a distinct depth to your barbeque.
- Say goodbye to sauces and hello to fantastic smoked tastes that will have your friends and family thinking you’re a grilling pro! Every time you use this wood chip smoker to churn out exquisite steaks, ribs, and chicken, you’ll be dishing up mouthwatering and delectable cuisine! The meat has been smoked to the point that no sauce is required; all that is required is a larger platter!
There’s no better way to spend a weekend than with good friends and a few cold ones in front of a crackling grill! Showing who’s boss and who’s king of the backyard cook-off has become a requirement among aspiring pit masters all over the world. When it comes to grilling, there are numerous options, but there is no better method to infuse your meat with flavor than by smoking it!
We at Mountain Grillers think that smoking your food shouldn’t be prohibitively expensive! When it comes to tasty cuisine, we feel there’s no reason why every man and woman griller out there shouldn’t have access to a simple solution for smoking steaks, ribs, and other BBQ classics!
This smoke box will turn your BBQ into a seasoned Pitmaster’s, resulting in mouthwatering steaks, poultry, and chops every time. They’ll be able to smell them from a mile away! The only difficulty you’ll face is explaining why there isn’t enough food to go around! Best of luck with that!
EASILY SWITCH WOOD CHIPS
The movable cover on this Mountain Grillers smoker box allows switching your cherry wood chips for pecan wood or even butternut wood for crabapple wood a breeze! It’s as simple as throwing out the old and putting in the new! Even your father-in-law could do it, which is quite a feat!
EVERYTHING HAS TO DO WITH FLAVOR
It’s a no-no to get between a man and his meat, and I’ll be honest, those ladies won’t appreciate it either. Especially when there are so many different wood flavors to choose from! Here are a few of our favorites, but feel free to try as many as you like!
- Wood from an apple (Apple chips are great for beef, poultry, salmon, trout & other fish)
- Chips of alder wood (Alder wood chips are known for cooking fish and poultry)
- Cherry wood is a popular choice (Cherry chips are great for beef, pork, or salmon)
- Hickory wood (Hickory is a versatile wood chip that works well for smoking a variety of meats, particularly pork and ribs)
- Chips of peach wood (A great wood spice to try with different type recipes)
My personal favorite is the ever-popular Maple Wood, which is excellent for smoking steaks, cheeses, veggies, and small game.
It ain’t what you cook, it’s how you smoke them suckers, as my Grandpa used to say. Bring life to your BBQ gatherings and meal times, and be the envy of everyone who tries those succulent pork joints!
It has never been easier or more economical to do it the way the pros do it. You have nothing to lose by giving it a shot and embarking on your road to BBQ cooking paradise! As always, SMOKE SAFELY and have fun!
Things To Consider When Buying The Best Wood Chips For Gas Grill
When it comes to grilling, wood chips are a great way to add flavor. But with so many different types of wood chips available, how do you know which one to choose? Here is a quick guide to help you select the best wood chips for your gas grill.
Consider the type of flavor you want
Different woods impart different flavors to food. For example, mesquite has a strong, smoky flavor, while hickory is more mild. So, if you have a particular flavor in mind, choose a wood chip that will complement it.
Think about the size of your grill
If you have a small grill, you’ll want to use small wood chips so they don’t overwhelm the food. Conversely, if you have a large grill, you can use larger wood chips.
Soak or don’t soak
Soaking wood chips in water before using them will help them produce more smoke. However, it will also mellow the flavor of the wood. If you want a strong flavor, don’t soak the wood chips.
Be aware of the smoke
Different woods produce different amounts of smoke. If you’re sensitive to smoke, you’ll want to choose a wood that produces less of it.
Use a combination of woods
Using a combination of different woods can create interesting flavor profiles. So, don’t be afraid to experiment.
Buy in bulk
Buying wood chips in bulk is a great way to save money. Plus, it’s always nice to have extra on hand in case you want to try a new recipe or grill more than you planned.
Frequently Asked Questions About Wood Chips For Gas Grill
1. Can you use wood chips on gas grill?
You can, but you shouldn’t just toss in some wood chips since they will burn and produce ashes, which will ruin your grilling experience. You can, however, invest in a smoker box to keep the wood enclosed.
2. Do I need to soak wood chips for gas grill?
3. Can you put hickory chips in a gas grill?
4. Do smoker boxes work on gas grills?
Gas grills are not designed to cook like smokers, but with the addition of a smoker box, they can. Because they can pack the wood chips, insulate them from direct fire, and absorb enough heat to slowly smolder the wood chips into smoke, these boxes perform well in gas barbecues.
The best wood chips for gas grills are those that are made of hardwoods such as hickory or mesquite. These woods provide a more intense flavor than softer woods such as pine. The best way to find the right wood chips for your grill is to experiment with different types and see which ones you like the best.