Recently, tea has become a term for gossip. If you “spill the tea,” you’re sharing gossip and other secrets. But really, the best tea kettle won’t spill the tea — the literal tea.
While you may want to spill the tea to a good friend, you definitely don’t want to spill the tea all over your favorite shirt. If you want to make your own tea at home, you need the best tea kettle. A tea kettle will heat up your water evenly, and it won’t spill when you pour the water out.
A tea kettle can also save you money on frequent trips out for tea.
With all of the options available, you might not know where to start. Tea kettles come in all shapes, sizes, and materials. And some are much better than others.
The best tea kettle needs to be able to heat water. It sounds simple, but there are a lot of factors that can affect how a tea kettle works.
So, let’s spill the tea on how not to spill the tea.
Everything You Need to Know About the Best Tea Kettle
Your tea kettle can make or break how you make tea. But not everyone knows how to choose the best tea kettle. There are tons of options, and not all tea kettles are the same.
You probably have some questions about finding and choosing the best tea kettle.
What is a tea kettle?
It sounds simple, but you should know what a tea kettle is. A tea kettle is a small appliance that you use to heat up water to brew tea.
There are different types of tea kettles including electric and stovetop.
What does it do?
One myth about tea kettles is that you make tea in a tea kettle. Instead, the best tea kettle is perfect for boiling water that you then pour over your tea leaves.
Even the best tea kettle can be challenging to clean. Also, many tea kettles don’t have strainers for tea leaves. So save your tea leaves for a mug or cup. Once you boil the water, you can pour it over your tea.
How does it work?
If you want to make some tea at home, you can use a tea kettle. Start by pouring the right amount of water into the tea kettle.
Make sure you turn your stove on and then place your tea kettle on the burner. Wait for the water to heat up, and then pour it over your favorite blend of tea.
Why do you need one?
You can heat water for tea with a tea kettle or in the microwave. But should you use a common household appliance or a specialty one?
While you can use a microwave to heat water for tea, it’s not ideal. A microwave doesn’t always properly boil the water; it simply makes the water hot. You have no control over how hot the water gets.
Also, it can affect how your tea tastes.
The best tea kettle can save you time and energy. You can boil your water more efficiently, and you have more control over the final product.
Where can you buy a tea kettle?
You can buy a tea kettle at various online retailers. Some in-person stores also sell tea kettles. If you want to buy a tea kettle in a store, you can always call ahead to make sure there are some in stock.
How much does it cost?
Tea kettles cost $ to $$$. Some other tea kettles cost over $$$. But the best tea kettle isn’t always the most expensive. Be sure you consider features and materials as well as price.
Photo from: Pixabay
How We Reviewed
Finally, we only included tea kettles with fantastic customer ratings. The best tea kettle has to be one that customers love. So even if some people recommended a tea kettle, it had to have great reviews overall.
A Good Cuppa
While coffee seems to be everyone’s favorite drink, you really shouldn’t ignore tea. Plenty of people enjoy a nice cup of tea either in addition to or in place of coffee. If you want to try making and drinking tea at home, you need the best tea kettle.
Just as coffee fans adore their coffee makers, nothing beats a good tea kettle for tea drinkers.
- Solid stainless steel constructed 2.2-Quart teakettle
- Whistling teakettle alerts when water is boiling
- Flip-up spout cover for safe and easy pouring with Bakelite stay cool handles and trigger for safety
- Hand wash recommended
- Do Not overfill kettle. Fill no higher than just spout opening
The Mr. Coffee Claredale Whistling Tea Kettle is a gorgeous addition to any kitchen. But it’s also excellent for making tea. The stainless steel tea kettle whistles when your water is boiling.
It has a flip-up spout cover that keeps you safe from the hot water as you pour it over your tea. You can hand wash the 1.7-quart tea kettle. The red makes this tea kettle stand out, and its handle has grooves for your fingers so that your hand is comfortable.
You can buy the Mr. Coffee Claredale Whistling Tea Kettle for $ to $$. On Amazon, customers give it an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars, and it’s also Amazon’s Choice for red tea kettles.
- Durable: Our high-quality stainless steel tea kettle can withstand rust, dents, scratches & more. Its robust design ensures it not only performs well, but that this attractive stove top kettle is built to last.
- Whistle While You Work: Compatible for both gas & induction, this smart stovetop kettle is made from an advanced system of 5 layers of stainless steel, iron & aluminum that heats up rapidly. So, relax - our kettle will pipe up when it's time to pour.
- Savor The Flavor: Accompanying your whistling stove kettle is a stainless-steel tea infuser. Perfect for a single cup, unlock the health benefits of loose-leaf tea while reducing your teabag waste. With our premium infuser, you won't be bitter.
- Superior Design: With its shiny mirror finish, spring-loaded lever & non-slip, ergonomic heat-resistant handle, our stovetop tea kettle really has it all. Attractive & practical, it offers the best of both worlds with effortless style & substance.
- Safety: Our stainless steel tea kettles are made with strictly high-quality materials. We don't take risks with your health & neither should you. That's why we ensure there are no hidden nasties in our products. Our kettles put the t(ea) in safety!
The Tea Kettle from Willow & Everett uses surgical grade stainless steel to give you a durable whistling tea kettle. Thanks to the stainless steel, it won’t rust or corrode. You can easily keep the mirror finish clean for a polished look.
While you shouldn’t put tea in your tea kettle, this one does come with a strainer so you can brew a single cup of tea. Five layers of stainless steel make heating your water a breeze. You don’t have to wait as long or worry about uneven heating.
The handle has a non-slip silicone which protects your hand from the heat. Willow & Everett don’t use BPA or Teflon in their products, so you know the water will be safe.
An excellent contender for the best tea kettle, this one costs $$ to $$. It’s Amazon’s Choice for stovetop tea kettles, and customers give it an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
- Easy-open, one-touch spout cap
- Soft, angled handle for comfortable pouring
- Handle rotates out of the way for pouring or storing
- Loud whistle signals when water is ready
- Large lid opening for convenient filling and cleaning
OXO BREW’s Classic Tea Kettle is an excellent choice for the tea newbie. The stainless steel is durable, and the large lid makes it easy to fill the kettle with water. Like the best tea kettle should, this one has a loud whistle when the water boils.
You can rotate the handle to make pouring and storing much more comfortable. The handle and spout both have silicone touch points that stay cool, so you don’t have to worry about burning your hand. This tea kettle has a small spout which reduces the risk of spills and leaks.
If you have an induction stove, this tea kettle won’t work for you.
You can buy the OXO BREW Classic Tea Kettle for $$ to $$. Customers give it an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
- Circulon Circles Teakettle, 2-Quart, Capri Turquoise
- Sturdy stainless steel kettle with bright, stain resistant enamel exterior
- Teakettle features handle with one-touch spout lever and stainless steel lid
- Generous 2-quart steel teakettle capacity heats up to 8 cups of water
- The convenient stainless steel kettle's whistling feature signals when water is at a boil
The Circulon 2-Quart Circles tea kettle has the shape of a traditional tea kettle and the color options of a modern appliance. You can fill it with up to two quarts of water or eight cups. The kettle has a one-touch spout lever that makes it easy and comfortable to use.
You can choose from three beautiful colors including turquoise, green, and orange. The enamel exterior is easy to clean, and the stainless steel lid fits just right.
Of course, the best tea kettle will whistle when the water’s ready, and the Circulon is no exception. You also get a lifetime limited warranty.
The Circulon 2-Quart Circles tea kettle costs $$ to $$. One Amazon, the average customer rating is 4.1 out of 5 stars.
- 1.25 L capacity
- Led on/off switch
- BPA-Free Interior and Removable Base
- Smooth, aluminum handle with stainless steel body
- Lime scale filter
KitchenAid’s Electric Kettle is the best tea kettle for anyone who doesn’t want to deal with a stove. The electric kettle has an LED on and off switch so you can turn it on and off easily. This kettle can hold over one liter of water at a time.
The kettle is BPA-free, and you can remove the base. Removing the base makes the kettle easy to move. There’s also a limescale filter which prevents buildup in your tea kettle.
You can choose from four colors including red, black, silver, and green. Regardless of your color choice, the stainless steel tea kettle is durable.
The KitchenAid Electric Kettle costs $$ to $$$ based on sales and list prices. Customers give the tea kettle an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
- 【Care Your Health】Made from high quality glass this glass electric tea kettle is durable and stain resistant. All the places of this water kettle in contact with water are health-class materials for preserving natural flavors and preventing taste contaminations.
- 【Save Your Time】With 1.7 Liters (57oz) large capacity plus 1100 Watt concealed heating element, hot water kettle Adam will save you a lot of time when you need boiling water for instant oatmeal, for making coffee or tea.
- 【Boil-dry Protection】Auto Shutoff and boil-dry protection feature will automatically switch off power once water has reached the boiling temperature or boiled away.
- 【Love Your Choice】Featuring on blue-ray, the glass kettle can give you visual enjoyment when it working; Roll the cable at the bottom of the base, and that is easy to store; Cordless technology allows for hassle-free pouring; Non-slip handle prevents grip loss; Convenient water level gauge.
- 【Clean & Quality Assurance】To clean, mix 3 tbsp of vinegar or lemon with water, and leave 5-8 hours after boiling or overnight. please contact us freely if you have any questions.
The Aigostar Adam Electric Water Kettle might be the best tea kettle because you can watch your water come to a boil. This kettle uses high-quality glass, so your water will heat up evenly and preserve taste and flavor. You can boil up to 1.7 liters of water at a time, and it’s great for tea, coffee, and even oatmeal.
If you need a versatile appliance, this might be the best tea kettle for you.
The kettle also has an auto-shutoff feature and boil dry protection that will turn on when your water boils. You can roll the cable at the bottom of the base to make pouring more manageable, and the non-slip handle can prevent spills. There’s also a handy water level gauge to check to see how much water has boiled away.
You can buy the Aigostar Adam Electric Water Kettle for $$ to $$. Amazon customers give the kettle an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Removable Lid
- Thumb-Press Spout
- C Handle with Comfortable Grip
- Vibrantly Colored Porcelain Exterior
- Attractive Trim Band
The KitchenAid KTEN20CBIS 2.0-Quart Kettle is a stylish choice for any tea drinker. This kettle has an enamel exterior and a stainless steel interior. The kettle starts whistling slowly even before the water hits boiling. It also has a tight lid that will keep your water hot.
You can pour the water with one hand, and the spout will stay open with the touch of a button. The handle is non-slip, ergonomic, and heat-resistant so you can pour with comfort. Make sure you only hand wash the tea kettle and don’t place it on a heated surface unless there’s water in it.
You can use the tea kettle on induction, electric, and gas stovetops, but don’t use it in the microwave.
The KitchenAid KTEN20CBIS 2.0-Quart Kettle costs $ to $$, and it comes in blue, red, and turquoise. On Amazon, the average customer rating is 4 out of 5 stars.
- PERFECT GOOSENECK SPOUT: Chefbar pour over tea kettle is designed with a precise gooseneck spout nozzle to help you control the water flow. Precise and smooth water flow is essential in making drip coffee and pouring over tea. Pour the right amount of water and pour at the right speed for consistent coffee extraction.
- PREMIUM QUALITY & PERFECT SIZE: This 0.8 Liter (We Recommend 80% Full to Avoid Overflow), 28 oz, 4-tea-cup size tea kettle is made of premium 304 food grade stainless steel, making it more durable and rust resistant, yet still light-weighted.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE DESIGN: Goose neck water kettle with hot-resistant Bakelite handle, you can lift the handle up when boiling water and keep the flame on the bottom. Also, the slip-resistant grip ensure that the kettle does not slip when you are pouring.
- STOVE TOP KETTLE: This stovetop kettle is applicable for induction cooker, electric furnace, gas, and natural gas stovetops. Please be careful when use it on open fire. Please use this tea kettle over small or medium heat, it heats extremely fast and saves energy.
- After using the kettle, you may find the kettle forms water scale, NOT RUST!!! Don't worry, you can add vinegar, lemon juice or water scale remover in kettle with water boiled to effectively remove the water scale regularly. Moreover, 18-Months Money Back Guarantee. Our 100% satisfaction promise means we are devoted to delivering maximum joy. Whether it is a refund or just some friendly assistance, we’re always there to help!
MROCO’s Gooseneck Kettle is a modern take on the classic stovetop tea kettle. The ergonomic handle and gooseneck spout make it easy for you to pour water out of the kettle. You can boil up to four cups of water at one time, and the non-slip handle keeps you from burning yourself.
The kettle uses premium quality stainless steel, and it’s BPA-free. This kettle heats up quickly and evenly, and it’s safe on gas, electric, and induction stovetops. The kettle has a unique design that keeps water from boiling over or spouting out of the gooseneck.
That same gooseneck design helps you get the perfect pour. And if you don’t like hand washing, this dishwasher safe kettle could be the best tea kettle for you.
You can buy the MROCO Gooseneck Kettle for $ to $$. It’s Amazon’s Choice for stovetop tea kettles. Also on Amazon, the average customer rating is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Handblown and made of clear borosilicate glass
- Drip-free spout,lead free,easy to carry with convenient handle
- Suitable for water, tea, coffee, milk or any other beverages
- Gas stovetop & electric ceramic stovetop safe, use medium level heat source to heat water
- Provide timeless beauty when accessorizing your kitchen
The Xiazhi Glass Teakettle features handblown borosilicate glass. This glass is surprisingly durable. The kettle is perfect for tea, coffee, and more.
You can use the kettle on gas and electric stovetops as well as the microwave. The spout won’t drip, and the handle makes the kettle easy to carry, and this kettle also functions as a teapot. You can boil just over one liter of water at a time.
The glass is very thin and lightweight, and the lid stays in place when you pour water from the kettle. Since it is glass, be sure you watch it so that the glass doesn’t overheat and crack.
The is the best tea kettle for anyone on a budget who also wants a unique piece of decor for their kitchen.
At $ to $$, the Xiazhi Glass Teakettle is affordable and beautiful. Customers give it an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
- CopperBull Heavy Gauge Thick Solid Copper Teapot.
- Copper Thickness : **1mm**. Capacity: 1.6 Quarts
- Solid, Unlined, Uncoated Copper. (Pure Copper WILL Develop a Natural Patina - Use a Copper Cleaner or Lemon-Salt Mix to Polish Your Teapot's Body)
- Lined with lead free tin for safety & ease of cleaning
- 100% Handmad in Turkey. Suitable for gas/electric stoves. (Not for induction)
The Hammered Copper Kettle from DEMMEX has a classic design with some modern touches. This copper tea kettle is handmade in Turkey. It has a CopperBull Heavy Gauge, and the copper is about one millimeter thick.
You can boil up to 1.6 quarts of water at one time. The tea kettle has a lead free tin lining that makes it safe and easy to clean. You can use the tea kettle on gas and electric stovetops but not induction.
The Hammered Copper Kettle is elegant and timeless, but it’s still an excellent choice for the best tea kettle. The copper color is close to that of an old penny. Both the handle and knob are wood.
This kettle costs $$ to $$$. On Amazon, the average customer rating is 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Photo from: Pixabay
Tea may not be as popular as coffee, but it’s still a favorite among many people. The best tea kettle is an indispensable tool for anyone looking to make their own tea at home.
There are many different tea kettles on the market, so it can be hard to decide on the best tea kettle. We found a bunch of options that could easily be the best tea kettle.
For people on a budget, the Mr. Coffee Claredale Whistling Tea Kettle is perfect. It’s affordable, durable, and it heats water quickly and evenly.
If you want an electric tea kettle, then go for the KitchenAid Electric Kettle. It’s the best tea kettle that doesn’t require a stove because it has a convenient on and off switch as well as a limescale filter.
The best tea kettle with an enamel finish is the AIDEA Whistling Tea Kettle. It has a gorgeous enamel, and you can choose from multiple colors.
Overall, the best tea kettle is the DEMMEX Hammered Copper Kettle. It’s a little more expensive than some kettles, but it’s worth it. A tin lining makes the kettle easy to clean, and who doesn’t love the look of copper?
Our one complaint is that the handle is wood rather than silicone. However, anyone who wants to use it can take the time to be careful about spills.
Whichever tea kettle you choose, make sure you remember to save the tea leaves for your mug. Even if a tea kettle has a strainer, it may not be the easiest to clean.
The best tea kettle for you is one that you will use, so go out and find your perfect tea kettle!
Do you have a favorite tea kettle that wasn’t mentioned on our list? Tell us about it in the comments.