If you want to perfect the process of making vegetable zucchini noodles or fries and chips, consider this best spiralizer review first. With the right product, you can make long noodles that don’t break regardless of the delicate or firm nature of the vegetables you use. Not only does a good spiralizer cut down on time, but it also saves energy.
But with the high number of products on the market, it may not always be easy to pick the best spiralizer. That is why this review will delve into the nitty-gritty of making the right choice.
From the design to features and customer ratings we will dig in and show you why the Paderno World Cuisine Spiralizer Pro is the best spiralizer to use for your next food preparation session.
Editor’s Recommendations: Top 5 Best Spiralizer
What Is A Spiralizer?
A spiralizer or spiral vegetable slicer is a kitchen appliance that lets you cut vegetables into linguine-like strands. Most spiralizers feature a blade or blades that are able to slice vegetables and fruits in a precise manner.
Some of these devices work in much the same way as a pencil sharpener. All you have to do is stick the vegetable into the device and turn it against the blades to create noodle or zoodle shapes. Modern spiralizers work a bit differently as they let you turn a crank and make noodles rapidly with the increased leverage.
Spiralizers can be used to shape a variety of vegetables and fruits. Some common examples include zucchini, beets, butternut squash, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, bell pepper, pear, apple, and plantains.
What To Consider When Choosing The Best Spiralizer
To find the best spiralizer some of the things you should think about include pricing, features, safety, functions, and maintenance.
Different spiralizers have unique designs, that is why you should go for the one that has features that add value. Some of the features to consider include catch trays, handles, blades, and feet. These features should contribute to making the appliance easy to use and multi-functional.
The last thing you want is to pick a spiralizer with exposed blades that may end up cutting your hands. The best spiralizer tends to set blades away from the hands and conceals them in one way or another.
Some spiralizers may offer one or two cutting variations while others may provide up to six variations. The best spiralizer should be able to achieve different results depending on how you set it.
The best spiralizer is one that doesn’t require any special servicing. It should be easy to clean and store even in kitchens with limited space.
How We Reviewed The Best Spiralizer
To determine the best spiralizer available today, we considered the overall cost of the products on the market against what they can do. Other factors that play a role in the review include features, safety, maintenance requirements, and customer feedback.
Our Top Pick For The Best Spiralizer
While there are a number of products that offer good results, the Paderno World Cuisine Spiralizer Pro comes across as the best spiralizer because of its versatility and ease of use.
- Easily and quickly slice and spiralize large quantities of fruits & vegetables instead of using a knife.
- Includes: 1 x Vegetable spiralizer / slicer plus 4 blades: 1 x Straight blade (1/8") for ribbons and accordion cuts, 3 x Julienne blades (1/8", 1/4" & 3/32") for vegetable strands & zucchini noodles.
- Smart design. Spiralizer takes up minimal space while stored due to folding design and a separate holder which houses the extra blades.
- Suction Base. Mount to any clean & non-porous surface with absolute ease due to its powerful suction base.
- Patented design. Made of heavy-duty BPA-free ABS plastic. Dishwasher safe on top shelf.
This spiralizer is manufactured by a company called Paderno World Cuisine. It was founded in 1952 and is a leading manufacturer of cookware and kitchen items for the restaurant and hospitality industry. Here are some of the things that make the spiralizer stand out.
This spiralizer features four robust stainless steel blades that remain sharp even when subjected to rugged use. The straight blade creates ribbon cuts to achieve exceptional spirals, while the Angel hair blade makes cuts that resemble hair strands, which is an ideal substitute for traditional pasta with fine sauce.
The fine shredding blade comes in handy when you need to create long spirals that don’t break apart. Finally, the chipping blade is suited to making thicker strands, which are often ideal for roasting or sautéing.
This spiralizer features an ergonomic handle that provides a comfortable grip. By turning the handle in a clockwise manner you are able to create the shapes you want. The handle easily detaches to allow for cleaning and safe storage.
The spiralizer has four suction feet that attach to flat surfaces to ensure stability while in action. Once you are through with the spiralizing process use the release tabs to ease pressure and move the appliance.
This spiralizer comes with a clear tray that covers the unit and doubles up as a food catcher when in use so that you don’t make a mess. It also comes with a removable storage tray for two blades.
This product is one of the simplest spiralizers to maintain because of its detachable parts. It’s worth pointing out that it is top rack dishwasher safe, which makes for effortless cleaning with soap and water.
If stored in a clean environment it is likely to remain in good shape without requiring any special servicing.
The unit is quite compact, which is why it can fit in just about any kitchen including those with limited space. Additionally, the blade holder folds down and the handle detaches to allow for convenient storage.
It features robust ABS plastic construction capable of withstanding the elements despite frequent use and its stainless steel blades resist rust to ensure longevity.
Customer Reviews and Rating for the Best Spiralizer
A number of customers express their satisfaction with the Paderno World Cuisine Spiralizer Pro because of its sturdy build, compact design, and ease of use. There are also those who love it because it facilitates the creation of different vegetable shapes that make for exciting meals. Users on Amazon give it a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars, which is quite impressive.
A Comparison Of The Best Spiralizer With Others On The Market
Comparing the Paderno World Cuisine Spiralizer Pro with others on the market should help you get a clear picture as to why it stands out. Some of the most popular spiralizers include the Brieftons Spiral Slicer, Mueller Austria Vegetable Spiralizer Bundle, and KitchenAid Spiralizer.
- YOUR COMPLETE SPIRALIZING KIT with NEW, SUPERIOR DESIGNS: The All-New Improved Spiralizer with all the features of a tri-blade spiralizer, plus these amazing features found nowhere else ✓ 2 additional blades (ultra thin 2mm angel-hair blade & curly-fry blade), for a total of 5 blades for all your spiralizing needs ✓ Ingenius removable design for the most compact storage ✓ Reinforced, heavy-duty, stainless steel forward handle (instead of weak plastic forward handles that can break easily).
- SUPERIOR VALUE: The Brieftons 5-Blade Spiralizer with 5 interchangeable blades, printed color manual with detailed assembly & usage instructions, easy online quick-start guide with our demo videos, the exclusive Brieftons Spiral Slicer Recipe ebook, the Brieftons Guide to Summer Salad Recipes ebook, and The Benefits of Raw Foods ebook with exclusive recipes you can make using your spiralizer right away, plus outstanding Brieftons customer support, and more Brieftons ebooks on the way.
- TOP QUALITY & DESIGN: Highly versatile thanks to the 5 ultra-sharp Japanese 420-grade hardened stainless steel blades. Made from high quality, 100% BPA-free food grade, durable reinforced ABS plastic. Designed to be dead easy to operate and clean. Dishwasher safe & easy to clean. Has a smaller footprint when deassembled and is easier to store away than competing products. Reinforced, heavy-duty, stainless steel forward handle (instead of weak plastic forward handles that can break easily).
- HIGHLY VERSATILE: Perfect for making quick low carb, healthy veggie noodles from firm fruits/veggies like apples, onions, carrots, zucchinis, cucumbers, cabbages, beetroots, turnips, rutabagas, cucumbers, radishes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squashes, and more. Works great even for long and wide vegs (max 10 inches long, 7 inches wide).
- HOW DOES IT HELP YOU? Enjoy your meal, even if you are on a diet (raw, vegan, low carb, gluten-free, no wheat, Paleo). No more high carb pasta | A PERFECT GIFT FOR ALL OCCASIONS: What else can make a better gift for your loved ones than this gift of health | BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: We are the trusted spiralizer brand with thousands of happy customers. You are covered by our full unconditional money back guarantee if you are not happy with your spiralizer, when you order today!
One of the things that stands out about this particular spiralizer is that it doesn’t require any assembly. Just take it out of the box and start using it. This unit features three ultra-sharp Japanese 420-grade hardened stainless steel blades that are able to withstand rugged use.
The blades are built-in, meaning you don’t have to change them when creating different vegetable shapes. Just like the Paderno Spiralizer, the Brieftons Vegetable Tri-Blade Spiralizer Bundle is quite compact and lightweight making it ideal for limited kitchen spaces.
It comes with a flexible cleaning brush for convenience. Alternatively, you can simply put it into a dishwasher for cleaning purposes.
The Brieftons Vegetable Tri-Blade Spiralizer Bundle features sturdy ABS plastic construction that helps enhance durability and stainless steel blades that withstand frequent use. It is available on Amazon with a customer rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
While it is cheaper than the Paderno Spiralizer, it can only produce up to three types of cuts. Some users note that you may have to spend a relatively long time to complete spiralizing tasks. There are also individuals that claim its blades are exposed and may pose a danger for those who are not careful.
- THE SMART CHOICE - While other mandolines struggle with quality and design (lack of adjustability) issues, our patented design and quality solves those problems and makes this the new standard in fruit/vegetable slicers - Tomato Knives
- BEST PATENTED DESIGN - The only knob-controlled fully adjustable mandoline slicer giving you more options than any of our competitors
- PEACE OF MIND - We know you have options, but we want to ensure you get the best with us, and that's why we offer a full LIFETIME WARRANTY!! We know you'll love it, but just to make sure you have peace of mind to, if you don't, you can simply let us know and we'll issue a full no questions asked refund!
- UNMATCHED QUALITY - German engineered 5 ultra-sharp 420-grade hardened surgical stainless steel blades. Made from high quality, 100% BPA-free food grade, durable reinforced ABS plastic. Designed to be easy to operate and clean and dishwasher safe
Another alternative to the Paderno Spiralizer is the Mueller Austria Spiral Slicer. It features robust plastic construction, which helps promote longevity. It has stainless steel blades and offers two slicing variations, making it ideal for creating spiral strands, ribbons, or slices. Its handle is situated at the top, which is a safe distance from the blades.
You can make spirals or slices by rotating the handle in a circular motion. The unit features a clear plastic tray that catches food after slicing. You can either wash it in a dishwasher or clean the interior and outer parts manually using soap, water, and a brush.
This spiralizer is also compact and lightweight, making it quite portable and easy to store after use. The Mueller Austria Spiral Slicer has an Amazon customer rating of 3.4 out of 5 stars. Users that love this particular product say it makes near perfect spiral strands and ribbons. It is also easy to maintain and offers some level of safety against the blades.
On the other hand, some of the negative reviews claim that it wears out quickly and may not be ideal for making garnishing intended for large groups because it takes a relatively long time to complete tasks.
- Spiralizing Blades - Medium and Fine; Slicing Blades - Slicing (Large Core) and Slicing (Small Core); Peeling Blade
- On your stand mixer and uses the power of the motor to operate the spiralizer attachment
- Premium metal construction provides durable long lasting performance, and when attached to the stand mixer, provides stability and ease of use
- Packed and organized inside its own storage case, designed for easy access and simple storage
The KitchenAid Spiralizer features robust metal construction, which offers durability. It has six quick-change blades that let you make different types of cuts to suit your particular needs. Of the six blades, three are spiralizing while the other three are slicing blades. It also comes with an optional peeling blade for convenience.
A unique feature about this spiralizer is that it attaches to the power hub of a mixer and utilizes the motor to run. This effectively makes work easier and gets the job done quickly. Maintenance for this spiralizer includes washing the blades using water and soap and wiping the body with a warm damp cloth.
While this has the potential of being rated as the best spiralizer by some people, the truth is that its pricing is quite steep when compared to the others noted in this review. It has an Amazon customer rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. It’s also worth noting that it takes a bit of getting used to before you can achieve the desired results from using it.
- Spiralizer creates perfect ribbons and spirals of your favorite vegetables Comes with 2 blades that create both ribbons and spirals Simply insert veggies into the top and twist Safe design protects hands and fingers from blades Zyliss 5 Year Guarantee - Dishwasher Safe
The ZYLISS Vegetable Spiralizer is another alternative that can produce good results. It features two blades that can cut ribbons or spirals depending on how you set it. Its simple design means just about anyone can use it without requiring too much practice.
All you have to do is insert vegetables through the top and start twisting the pusher to create the shapes you want. The enclosed design of the spiralizer keeps the blades away from your fingers, meaning you don’t have to worry about getting hurt.
All parts of this product are dishwasher safe so you can keep it clean without much effort. It is available on Amazon with a customer rating of 2.8 out of 5 stars. One of the reasons why it isn’t the best spiralizer is that it can only give two types of cuts. Some users also say it takes a lot of strength to twist.
Add The Paderno World Cuisine Spiralizer Pro To Your Kitchen
The Paderno World Cuisine Spiralizer Pro manages to come across as the best spiralizer for just about everyone because of its reasonable pricing. It offers a variety of spiralizing and slicing functions, which makes it versatile enough to work with different dishes.
This product is among the most compact of spiralizers on the market and will, therefore, take up little space in your kitchen. It also comes with an instruction manual to help you get started. Additionally, you get a recipe book that details some of the recipes you can prepare with this appliance.
Do you have a favorite spiralizer? Let us know in the comment section below.