Looking to spruce your kitchen or simply preparing for a picnic? If either case applies to you, we are pleased to inform you that you have arrived at the right place indeed. You need not fret though. Our guide of the best propane gas grill under 200 below endeavors to provide the information you need to make a great choice.
For one, the propane gas grill employs propane to derive the heat energy necessary to grill your recipes. They come in diverse shades and kinds. This makes the task of finding the right one quite difficult.
Our Favorite Propane Gas Grill Under 200
Our goal here is to look into the propane gas grill and its important role in facilitating the preparation of meals.
What Are The Best Propane Gas Grill Brands?
1. Weber-Stephen Products LLC
This privately-held American Limited Liability Company manufactures all manner of grills and their associated accessories. Many of its products find applicability in restaurants and eateries. The appliances from Weber are stronger and highly versatile.
This is also another privately-held manufacturer of grills and other cooking appliances. Many of its produces are smaller, more compact, and cheaper. They are subsequently mostly utilized at the household level as opposed to restaurants. The char broil classic 360 particularly stands out.
3. Broil King
Broil King is a North American manufacturer of liquid propane gas grills. They employ purely American steel and tend to generate products that have stronger and more durable build. As such, they last longer and perform better than many counterparts.
Owned by Conair Corporation, this company produces a variety of food processors and cooking equipment. Its equipment is generally smaller and more compact in size. As such, they tend to be cheaper yet equally functional.
Components Of Propane Gas Grill
At its core is a hood that covers every other item which constitutes the gas grill. The hood safeguards every other feature which may be needed. In doing so, it offers much protection from any damages.
2. Cooking System
Next comes the cooking system. This one comprises a burning element that dispenses the gas to be burned. The system also contains numerous controls apparatus that regulates the flow of hot air.
3. Grease Management System
Lastly comes the grease management system. As the name implies, this system keeps the flow and levels of grease firmly in check. That way, it prevents unnecessary damages.
Variations Of Propane Gas Grill
Like any other apparatus, this propane gas grill comes in many shapes and sizes. These variations determine to a large extent the kind of experience you are bound to accrue from the system. There are three main kinds of variations. These are explained here below:
1. Propane Gas Grill with Rotisserie Burner
The Rotisserie Burner surrounds your food with heat in such a way as to prevent direct or intense burning. This notwithstanding, it is important to avoid flare-ups as these might desiccate your feeds.
Instead, you want to exercise some bit of moderation as you go about the issue. To do this, you will have to possess and make do with some technical expertise.
2. Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner
As the name implies, this kind of grill accepts and makes use of a side burner to cook meals. For this reason, you do not have to place your pot right inside the grill.
This also saves greatly on space as the side burner is detachable to allow for easy transportation and subsequent storage. The side burner handles many cooking options and feats.
3. Propane Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
For large-scale operations and applications, you have to attach a griddle combo to your gas grill. The griddle is basically a large and flat inch of cooking space that derives its heating power from propane gas.
Being large, it demands too hefty mounting space and is as such not so convenient to handle and operationalize.
Best Propane Gas Grill Under 200 – Reviewed in 2022
We now peek into the best gas grill under $200 for your consideration:
#1: Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill, Black
Wishing to grill huge quantities of food? You have these gas grills under $200 for your choice and utilization. With the 438 square inches cooktop, no other one accords as sufficient space like this one.
- Convenient Propane Cooking: Unlike many other cooking appliances of this kind, this one does not require that you heat the surface to the highest temperatures attainable. Instead, you just plug it in, switch it on, and there you have it!
- Solid and Durable Construction: Its construction is both solid and durable. This stems from the heavy steel material that is employed to do the job. Owing to this strength, you will not have to constantly repair and maintain the gadget.
- Plenty of Grill Space: As noted above, this appliance confers a pretty high cooking surface indeed. This is the 438 square inches of space for your use. With this plenty of space, you will be able to handle all of your cooking simultaneously.
- Large enough to handle all of your grilling’s at a time.
- Exudes higher heat output (12,000 BTU).
- Lasts longer than many other grills.
- Has a side shelf that provides handy workspace.
- Electronic ignition system saves your time and effort.
- Takes up too much mounting space.
#2: Cuisinart CGG-200B All Foods Tabletop Gas Grill, Black
Searching for a grill strictly for home use? You have this Cuisinart CGG-200B for your prioritization and use. Why? It is simple yet comprehensive enough for handling your normal day-to-day cooking needs.
- 10-inch square Side Shelves: Coming along this appliance are some square side shelves that measure 10 inches. These hold the plates together to expedite the processes of preparation of food and seasoning the same.
- Cast Iron Cooking Grate: Its grate is made of cast iron. This one provides a cooking surface that is large enough to handle and accommodate huge quantities. It is large enough to hold more food than conventional compact grills.
- Twist-start Ignition: To trigger it to operate, you will have to engage the twist-start ignition system. This one is comparatively simpler to engage and delivers the required outcomes too soon. What’s more? It is fully matchless.
- Works well in the outdoor environment.
- Stainless steel burner endures the test of time.
- Twist-start ignition makes for easy start-ups.
- Temperature gauge lets you put in the desired levels of heat.
- Large enough to feed and the large family.
- Does not incorporate a propane tank.
#3: Megamaster 720-0804 Propane Gas Grill, Black
Many grills do not have the ability to retain heat for too long. For this reason, they are unable to manage long-term cooking and heating needs reliably. Look up to this one owing to its exceptional heat retention.
- Enamel Lid: Standing tall among the features it has is the enamel lid. This one is made of durable porcelain-coated cast iron material. Other than keeping your food secure from harm, it also retains sufficient amounts of heat.
- Built-in Thermometer: A built-in thermometer also constitutes a large part of the grill. As you may have already guessed, this one takes note of the fluctuations in the temperature levels and responds to the same appropriately.
- Three Main Burners: It has not one or two but a whopping three main burners. With these many burners, you get the opportunity to handle many recipes at the same time. They cut down the time you would ordinarily take.
- Greatly expedites the cooking time.
- Distributes heat uniformly.
- Requires no matches to operationalize.
- Hardly sustains dirt and other forms of damages.
- Non-stick and clean enough for use.
- Expends too much gas.
#4: MASTER COOK Propane Grills Classic Smart Space Living 3 Burner LP Gas Grill Upgraded Version
Wanting to cook many dishes simultaneously? We draw your attention to this three-burner gas grill. It is able to handle three dishes at a time. In this way, it cuts down the amount of time you would take to achieve your end.
- Piezoelectric Ignition System: Its ignition system is unlike any other. It is the Integrated piezoelectric. With this, you will enjoy faster and more reliable starting courtesy of the push of a button only. The pleasure of maximum convenience is yours to leverage.
- Increased Mobility: Compared to many of its peers, this one allows for increased mobility. This is made possible by some two wheels which measure 6 inches each. They see to it that you get to the desired destination faster and expeditiously.
- Strong Construction: In its entirety, the grills feature strong and stable construction. Stainless steel, porcelain, and heavy-duty iron are core examples of these. They jointly give off some awesome reliability when engaged.
- Stands up to tough weather with utmost reliability.
- Gives off a wider cooking space.
- Yields 30,000 BTU-per-hour of good cooking.
- Operable simply at the push of a button.
- Folds for easy storage and transportation.
- Requires some assembly right before use.
#5: Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner
For commercial purposes, you want to make do with a grill that accepts many attachments and accessories. Train your eyes on this cheap gas grill as it is the one that is more likely to yield that very end.
- Porcelain-Coated Steel: At its core are the porcelain-coated steel, frame, and structural makeup. Other than being strong and reliable, these materials enable the grill to stand tall to the elements of weather.
- 8,000-BTU Side Burner: As stated above, this burner has the ability to accommodate many accessories. Chief among these is the side burner. The burner exudes 8,000 British Thermal Units of heat output. This allows for good cooking outcomes.
- Piezo Ignition: Its ignition mechanism comes in the character of the Piezo ignition system. Compared to the other systems, it yields faster and more reliable operations at the push of a button only.
- Handles many recipes and foods.
- Accepts a swing-a-way rack for warming your foods.
- Capable of tackling many cooking needs and processes.
- Delivers exceptional cooking performances and outcomes.
- Resists many weather conditions and elements.
- Demands huge expertise on your part.
#6: Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
Sometimes you want to go beyond merely preparing your meals. You also want to add some beauty and aesthetics to your rooms. Only a spectacular propane gas grill of this kind may come to your rescue.
- Cast-aluminum Construction: Its structure and makeup feature cast-aluminum construction. Thanks to this construction, the grill is both lighter in weight and durable at the same time. It hence provides the stability you need to cook well.
- Infinite Control Burner Valve: An infinite control burner valve exists to regulate the flow of gas to the burner. This valve is easier to engage, highly responsive, and performs the task of adjusting the heat levels with utmost accuracy.
- Split Grates: The grates are split, unlike the case with the ordinary grills. With this arrangement, the grill is able to grate and griddle at the same time. Thus, it cuts down the time you would ordinarily need to achieve your ends.
- Gives off some extensive heat output.
- Light enough to carry around easily.
- Comes along in some sleek styling for added aesthetics.
- Requires no assembly prior to the eventual use.
- Pushed easily by the touch of a button.
- Must be pre-heat to a certain temperature level.
#7: Royal Gourmet GG4302S 4 Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner, 57,000BTU, Stainless Steel
Wanting to cook and prepare meals repeatedly for too long? Choose a grill that is similarly strong and very reliable. Of all the grills in our review, it is this one that has that very level of strength.
- Efficient Oil Channel System: Its oil channel system is pretty efficient. That way, it enables you to maintain the grill in a state of proper cleanliness throughout your use of the same gadget.
- Cabinet Cart: A cabinet cart comes in next among the many awesome benefits of this appliance. The cart provides smooth access to the storage portion of the grill. It does attach to and adjusts accordingly too.
- Great Construction: On the whole, the grill has pretty great construction. Its upper lid features the black glossy coated heavy-duty steel which is durable and elegant to behold in equal measure.
- Reliable enough for use in outdoor environments.
- Automatic ignition system cuts down the hassles you would engage.
- Drip dry tray channels all the grease away from the food.
- Deploys faster and effortless.
- Secures firmly by means of a bracket.
- Demands intense cleanliness and maintenance.
#8: Blackstone Tabletop Grill
Is your search for the right propane gas grill dictated mainly by the need for outdoor use? Well, we suggest that you try your hand on this one. You will find it awesome for picnics, tailgates, camps, and other outdoors.
- Perfect Size: Owing to the 330 square inches of cooking surface, this grill is just the right size you may be looking for. Atop this perfect size, you will be able to handle many of your cooking tasks without undue hassles.
- Adjustable Heat Zones: You will yet again enjoy the pleasure of adjusting the heat outcomes as you want. The adjustable heat zones allow you to do just that. They keep your foods warmer and easily re-heatable.
- Rear Grease Management System: When handling greasy or oily foods, you will not have to worry at all. The rear grease management system exists to channel out the unwanted grease and keep your interiors cleaner.
- Portable enough for remote use and applications.
- Maintains the griddle clean in between any two uses.
- Keeps the temperature output very consistent.
- Accords some excellent grip on your hands.
- Attaches and removes easily to change with preference.
- Unsuitable for indoor use.
#9: Coleman Gas Grill | Portable Propane Grill for Camping & Tailgating
Are you attentive to details and would wish to make your cooking outcomes more precise? Look up to no other grill then this one. It allows you to change and alter the temperatures as need be.
- Two Temperature Zones: It does have two temperature zones. This one lets you enjoy added controls as you will be able to tailor the heat options to your unique needs and cooking circumstances.
- Easy Setup: Considering that the appliance is plug-and-play, you will not have to assemble the appliance right before use. On account of this arrangement, you will enjoy the rare benefit of maximum ease of setup and deployment.
- Swappable Cooktops: You may swap the cooktops if you so wish unlike the case of the other grills. The arrangement allows you to handle and impact different kinds of meals and to generate some optimal cooking outcomes.
- Delivers great grilling power indeed.
- Enables precise temperature controls as you cook and prepare your meals.
- Removes excess easily and quickly through the drip trays.
- Instastart ignition enables matchless lighting.
- Arrives fully assembled.
- Not for those who lack the necessary skills.
#10: Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow PT300B Propane Grill, Tabletop (Newer Version)
Could it be that you intend to use the grill in an area that is extremely windy? You cannot rely on an ordinary grill for your use. Instead, use this cheap gas grill that stands tall to the harsh weather elements.
- Excellent Makeup: In its entirety, the grill features a rather compact design. This design comes accompanied by some folding legs, a locking lid, and an assortment of other accessories. They allow for smooth and easy to clean use.
- Awesome Heat Output: With all the parts and components, the grill delivers awesome heat output. 10,000 BTUs it is! Stemming from this trait, you will be able to impact your recipes pretty well and sound.
- Stainless-steel Firebox: Its firebox is made of stainless steel. Thus, it is stronger and pretty resistant to all the harsh agents of damages. It is this trait in fact that makes it able to perform well in harsh and windy areas.
- Grills your recipes while on the go.
- Lasts longer than your average grill and burners.
- Great for all kinds of outdoor applications.
- Fits your yards and squeezed spaces alike.
- Good enough for backpacking and camping.
- Takes much effort to operationalize.
Types Of Gas Grill Available In The Market
Propane gas grills are mainly categorized by the kinds of surfaces that they feature. On account of this, we have:
- Porcelain covered steel bars: As their name implies, these ones are covered by the use of porcelain. As such, they retain a huge quantity of heat and are generally more energy-efficient.
- Bent stainless steel sheets: These ones contain stainless steel sheets. These sheets are stronger and very supportive of the foods that are under preparation.
- Iron grates: This kind of gas grill has grates that are made of iron. Being strong and heavy-duty, the iron grates allow for repeated and regular use without the possibility of sustaining unwanted damages.
- Stainless steel bars: Lastly comes the stainless steel bar grills. The stainless steel material is largely known to be strong and resilient to all forms of damages. Thus, the grills are equally stronger and more reliable to make use of.
Key Benifit Of Gas Grill
- Utilizes a limited amount of fat.
- Good for outdoor activities.
- Retains the nutrients from the nutrients.
- Saves on the cooking time owing to faster operations.
- Cleaner than coal and charcoal grills.
- Cheaper than electricity.
- Simpler to comprehend and engage.
- Generates limited carbon emissions.
- Its flames are stronger and more effective than those of several heat source.
Things To Consider Before Buying Propane/Natural Gas Grill
Your first and foremost concern should be the heat output of the gas grill you are interested in. A good grill has to exude the highest heat output desirable. Check out the BTU Level or Heat Flux as a way of determining the kind of output that may be needful for your course.
Right Size and Cooking Area
Next, factor the size of the grill and the total cooking area. A good appliance of this kind ought to be small and compact yet still large enough to accommodate all of your cooking needs ‘under one roof.’ Ascertain the size measurements before setting out as this is the surest way of getting the job done well.
You now have to look at the ignition system. The best grill on the basis of this consideration should preferably have an automatic ignition mechanism that requires limited attention on your part. If possible, it should also operate free of matches. That way, you may even prepare your dishes in windy areas easily.
Number of Burners
The number of burners determines to a great extent how much food you may handle and accommodate at any given time. It is hence in your best interest to find that grill that has the number of burners that match the quantities of food you have in your possession.
Material and Grates Quality
Lastly, you have to factor the quality of the grates and the materials. A good grill has to possess heavy-duty grates which last longer and are also tough enough to handle heavier loads. As a general rule, you have to prioritize those that are made of iron or even stainless steel.
Below are some of the common maintenance tips you will find vital in your day to day use and application of the propane gas grill:
- Clean the tubes and the burners from time to time.
- Wash the grill to eliminate any debris and stifle the accumulation of the same.
- Remove any rust or corrosions to guarantee a smooth flow of air and gas through the burners.
- Burn off the grease and proceed to channel the same out to the wastes.
- Clean the cooking grates to remove any unwanted debris from the plates thereof.
- Stock fuel levels after each use to prevent being left hanging.
Made Easy For Common Gas Grill Problems
A.) Problem: Low Flame, Low Temperature
This could stem from a sticky regulator. In this case, adjust the regulator accordingly to retain the smooth flow of the gas from the cylinder through to the burner. You will find this right next to the hose on the fuel tank.
B.) Problem: Yellow or Orange Flame
A yellow or orange flame signifies that the burner is poorly adjusted or the air inlet is restricted. To remedy this, you have to set the burner in such a way as to redirect the flow of air. Make sure that enough air flows through the grill to the burner region.
C.) Problem: Uneven Heating/Hot Spots
For this problem to arise, it could be that the tiny perforations that let out the gas to the burner are partially or completely blocked in some cases. You will have to use some prickly sharp items like the needless and toothpicks to manually rid them of the blockages.
D.) Problem: Gas Grill Just Won’t Light
The grill not lighting indicates an issue with the ignition mechanism. It could be that the mechanism is faulty, damaged, or obsolete. An intervention of a trained technician may be needed to reverse the trend. Please do not attempt to do that on your own.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Propane Gas Grill
Q: Is a natural gas grill better than propane?
Ans: Natural gas has been noted to be cleaner and better off than propane, almost all factors considered. Not only does it burn clean, but it also emits limited amounts of harmful greenhouses into the atmosphere. Propane is, however, hotter and a very affordable gas grill.
Q: Are there any health risks using a liquid propane gas grill?
Ans: Yes, there are. Below are the common issues that potentially come along:
- Dizziness and light-headedness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of coordination
Q: Can a natural gas grill be converted to propane?
Ans: YES, it can! However, you have to take appropriate caution as the exercise is potentially risky and highly prone to all forms of danger. Chief among these dangers are the explosions which may burn out all items and structures nearby.
Q: What is a built-in gas grill?
Ans: These ones have grills that are built into a structure like a kitchen or home. It is permanently fixed and will not allow you to carry it around if you so wish. These grills are readily available but have the undesirable side effect of not being able to work well in far-off places.
Q: How do I make my gas grill hotter?
Ans: Simply adjust the airflow. In case there are any leakages in the system, you should also sell them as they are the ones that render the system less effective to make do with. You may also close the vents partially to prop up the flames.
Also Read: Best Carbon Steel Wok to Buy
Our guide of the best propane gas grill under $200 comes to an end there. We now leave it to you to carry on from where we have left. This cannot mean anything else apart from embarking on a search for the best grill from the list we have looked into. In case you require further assistance from us, seek it!