Cooking and baking have always been hobbies of yours and for good reason. After all, there are few things more rewarding than creating a culinary masterpiece from scratch and then having your loved ones enjoy it. There are many devices that can facilitate your creations, including the best countertop convection oven you can find.
If you’re used to the conventional oven in your kitchen, you’re not out of the norm. That’s what people have been using for decades, and that’s what you’re used to. But there are so many advantages that you can experience with a countertop convection oven.
Even though it seems like your conventional oven is all you need, you may change your tune when you learn about countertop convection ovens. This is particularly true if you are looking at a product that could be seen as the best countertop convection oven.
Editor’s Recommendations: Top 5 Best Countertop Convection Oven
What Is A Countertop Convection Oven?
If you’re interested in learning more about the best countertop convection oven, you first need to know what a countertop convection oven is in the first place. These contraptions are actually quite impressive.
How Does it Work?
You may not have known this about the conventional oven, but it relies on two sources of heat to bake your food. These include upper and lower sources. In contrast, a convection oven operates using a fan that circulates hot air throughout the chamber.
The conventional oven simply surrounds your food with air, but this actually blows the hot air right to your food. This makes it so that your food can cook much more quickly. When air converges at different temperatures, moving air can cause heat or cold transfer to happen more quickly.
For example, when you are outside and feel a gust of cold air, you feel colder than you would on a calm day, even at the same temperature. That is essentially what happens inside a convection oven, except, in this case, the moving heat causes your food to be warmer than it would in still hot air.
Why Do i Want One?
While you’ve probably gotten used to your conventional oven, you may want to explore this new option. It comes with many advantages that you just won’t experience otherwise.
However, when you’re buying the best countertop convection oven for your purposes, you need to consider a few factors. These items vary widely when it comes to size, shape, and versatility. You should choose an oven that gives you as many options as possible.
i. Quicker Results
Basically, if you are using the best countertop convection oven that you can find, you can get faster results than you could with a conventional oven.
Because your food cooks on average 25 percent more quickly in a convection oven, it will brown evenly without becoming too dry. Many people have attested to the higher quality of food that’s cooked in one of these ovens.
ii. It’s the Do-it-All Oven
If you get the best countertop convection oven you can buy, you’ll find that it’s very versatile. You can simmer, bake, broil, and execute a variety of applications that you wouldn’t necessarily be able to do with a conventional oven. You can make baked goods, broil meats, or marinate your Thanksgiving dinner using one of these ovens.
Price Range Of The Best Countertop Convection Oven
The price range of the contenders for the best countertop convection oven that you can find is actually somewhat vast. You can find great countertop convection ovens for prices that are anywhere between $50 and $465. It depends on the specific features you want, but you can find these for fairly reasonable prices if you look.
Basically, it depends on precisely what you want. Any of the countertop convection ovens that have received high consumer ratings will likely do the job for you in the kitchen. But if you want a certain oven with a certain set of specifications, you’ll have a smaller range of prices to work with.
How We Came Up With The Following List
We came up with the list of contenders for the title of best countertop convection oven by looking at multiple sites that reviewed this particular product. It was the goal to choose a set of countertop convection ovens that had received positive reviews from consumers and that had appeared on multiple online lists of top products in this arena.
We also made sure to include a somewhat diverse set of products on this list. Everyone has a different set of needs in the kitchen, so we wanted to introduce products with different sets of specifications.
That way, everyone who is seeking the best countertop convection oven to suit their needs can find a product that will satisfy them.
Top 10 Candidates For The Best Countertop Convection Oven
At this point, you might be wondering, what is the best countertop convection oven? Actually, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. It all depends on your specific set of needs.
There are many excellent countertop convection ovens out there. They’re not all created equally, so you might want to shop around before you make the purchase. The following is a list of 10 of the candidates for the best countertop convection oven that you could possibly find.
1. Hamilton Beach 31103A Countertop Oven with Convection and Rotisserie
- Maximum versatility - including rotisserie
- Extra-large capacity - fits two 12" pizzas, two 9" x 13" casseroles, or two cake pansThis oven is 110 voltage only It is packaged in SIOC packaging to avoid damage in shipping
- Revolving rotisserie - meat self-bastes as it turns - fits a 5 lb chicken
- Convection setting bakes faster and more evenly than traditional oven;Bake & broil settings with 2 hour timer1311 H x 2062 W x 1654 D
- Durable stainless steel construction
If you like rotisserie chicken, this may just be the countertop convection oven for you. This has a feature that sets it apart from other ovens of the same type — a rotisserie function. When you buy this oven, you’ll get two oven racks, a small baking pan, a broiler rack, a large enamel coated baking pan, and even cooking accessories.
These accessories include a fork, lift, and dip tray. It’s also easy to take apart for cleaning. In addition to these features, it has a two-hour cooking timer. It shuts off automatically and gives an audible tone when it does.
You can find this Hamilton Beach product on Amazon, where it has a rating of 4.0 out of a possible 5 stars, as well as other retail websites.
2. Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
- The Breville Smart Oven Pro with Element iQ System is a high performance countertop oven; Reduce your cooking time by up to 30% using the convection setting and choose from 10 cooking functions as an interior oven light guides you to perfection
- Element iQ System: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it's needed to create the ideal cooking environment for perfect results every time; Fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- Convection Powered: The Smart Oven Pro's convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%; An inbuilt fan circulates the hot air within the oven which speeds the cooking process by stripping away the cold air that surrounds your food
- 10 Cooking Functions: versatile countertop oven with 10 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat, Warm and Slow cook
- Smart Oven with Slow Cook Function: Take your time to tenderize and develop complex flavors using the slow cook function, designed for long cook times at low temperatures; Slow Cook for up to 10 hours before the setting automatically turns to keep warm
This countertop convection smart oven is very versatile and can help you roast or broil meat, bake pizza, or even just reheat your leftovers. Compared to a conventional oven, this oven can cook your food 30 percent faster.
This device is equipped with nine different cooking functions. These include: toast six slices, warm, cookies, reheat, broil, pizza, bake, bagel, and roast. It’s a very smart device, with the “Element IQ” that transfers heat across the five quartz elements that compose it. It also comes with an LCD display, which is very convenient.
The integrated oven light turns on when your food is done. It can also be switched off with one simple touch. Overall, this machine is very intuitive and designed to give you the best results possible in cooking your food.
This candidate for the best countertop convection oven from Breville has earned a rating of 4.6 out of a possible 5 stars on Amazon, which is one of the many retail websites where you can find it.
3. Cuisinart TOA-60 Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer
- ENDLESS FUNCTIONS: This premium 1800 watt toaster oven and air fryer, is equipped with a convection bake setting, convection broil, pizza, roast, bagel, reheat, warming feature, defrost, high/low convection fan speed options and dual cook with a wide temperature range (80°F to 450°F)
- CAPACITY: Large enough to toast 6-slices of bread, air fry 3-pounds of chicken wings, bake a 12-inch pizza or roast a 4-pound chicken
- SUPERIOR OPERATION: Equipped with an adjustable timer thermostat, 60-minute timer/auto-shutoff and a toast shade selector-timer to ensure your meals are cooked to your perfection.
- INCLUDES: This unit comes with the essentials – an oven light, oven rack, baking pan, air fryer rack/basket and has a nonstick easy-clean interior to make mess cleanup simple. Whisper Quiet Operation
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
Cuisinart has created a great product that is basically a full-size toaster oven with an air fryer that is built in. The air fryer makes use of the hot air, which is a great way to prepare delectable fried items, such as French fries and prepare shrimp. This allows you to fry these foods without extra grease, giving you a great healthy option.
There are six heating elements within the chamber, four on top and two on the bottom. You can also adjust the speed of the fan so that the hot air can circulate around the machine more quickly. The time and temperature controls are easy to operate and give you many convenient options.
This great convection toaster oven air fryer has many cooking functions, including air fry, bake, convection bake, toast, convection broil, and warm. It has all of the great features that you can expect from a toaster oven, along with air frying options. This product can be found on retail websites such as Amazon, where it has a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
4. Cuisinart TOB-260N Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven
- Cuisinart chef's convection oven boasts 15 cooking functions and offers special settings for speed convection, sandwiches and bagels.
- Heating power of 1800 watts provides quick heat up time, precise temperature and perfect results every time.
- The easy-clean nonstick interior is so roomy it can hold a 13-inch pizza, 9 slices of bread, a 9in x 13in baking pan or an entire 9-pound chicken.
- Easiest way to make a real home-cooked meal - every day!
This great oven from Cuisinart comes with 15 cooking functions. It has a heating power of 1800 watts, which allows you to heat things up quickly. It also allows for a great deal of precision when it comes to temperatures.
There’s a lot of room inside this countertop convection oven as well. You can use it to toast nine slices of bread at a time, an entire nine-pound chicken, or a 13-inch pizza. Another great feature is that it’s non-stick, so it’ll be really easy to clean.
It’s available on retail websites such as Amazon, where it has a rating of 4.2 out of a possible 5 stars.
5. KitchenAid KCO275AQ Convection 1800-watt Digital Countertop Oven
- Even-heat technology provides consistent heat throughout baking cycle for delicious results.
- Use your countertop oven to bake pizza, broil a side dish, keep an already cooked dish warm or toast bread.
- 9 pre-programmed functions such as the Asado Roast Function to precisely adjust from high sear to optimal cooking temperature for superior roasting.
- 120-minute timer can be set to remind you when a dish is finished and offers plenty of time for the requirements of most recipes
- Offers enough room to cook 2-12" pizzas, or cornish hens. The oven cavity also features a non-stick coating for easy cleaning.
There is a lot to like about this countertop oven from KitchenAid. It has plenty of room, for one thing. You can cook two Cornish hens inside it simultaneously. Also, it has a non-stick coating, making it really easy to clean.
It has a 120-minute timer, which can remind you when your food is done. It also comes with nine pre-programmed functions, including the Asado roast function. This way, you can adjust the heat and style so that it’s perfect for your food.
With this oven comes a 12-inch broiling rack, 12-inch non-stick multi-purpose pan, non-stick drip tray, and cooling rack. If you have an interest in this great product from KitchenAid, you can find it on different retail websites like Amazon, for example, where it has a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
6. Oster TSSTTVRB04 6-Slice Convection Oven
- 6-slice toaster oven with convection technology for faster, more even cooking
- Wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F lets you cook with convenience of an oven
- Versatile toast, bake, and adjustable broil functions; 60-minute timer with auto shut-off
- 2 rack positions to accommodate a wide variety of foods from tall roasts to pizza.Watts: 1300W
- Includes removable crumb tray and durable baking pan
This convection oven from Oster comes with many features that you might like. It looks appealing, with the brushed stainless steel finish on the exterior, as well as the transparent door that allows you to watch your food cook. Also, it has three convenient and easy to operate dials on the right of the door.
You can use this oven to toast, bake, broil, and roast. It’ll easily fit on the majority of countertops. However, it is worth noting that it’s only about 11 inches wide on the interior.
The temperatures can go up to 450 degrees, and the product includes a 60-minute timer. The timer can automatically shut off, or you can set it to stay on if you need more than 60 minutes to cook your food.
It also comes with a removable crumb tray and a baking tray. You can place the rack in one or two positions so that you can watch your bread or cakes rise. This contender for the best countertop convection oven from Oster has earned a rating of 4.1 out of a possible 5 stars on Amazon.
7. BLACK+DECKER CTO6335S 6-Slice Digital Convection Countertop Toaster Oven
- Included Components: Removable Crumb Tray
This excellent product from Black & Decker comes with a removable crumb tray. This makes it so that you can very easily clean your oven.
It also has a baking pan, but it is somewhat limited. For example, it’s probably not big enough to cook your Thanksgiving turkey. But it is big enough to cook a rotisserie chicken, as well as most of your other dishes.
At first sight, it might seem like this device is fairly complicated and difficult to operate. However, once you read the instruction manual, you’ll find that this contraption is actually reasonably user-friendly.
This countertop convection oven has an easy-to-read LED display. It also has a 120-minute timer that will automatically shut off the oven when it’s up. This is definitely an excellent feature for people who would tend to forget about their food while it’s cooking.
It’s also easy to find on multiple online sites, including Amazon, where it has a rating of 4.0 out of a possible 5 stars.
8. Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Oven, Stainless Steel, TSSTTVDGXL-SHP
- Countertop convection oven features convection technology for fast, even heating
- Digital settings for pizza, bake, broil, toast, and defrost
- Large interior fits 2 take and bake pizzas, a family sized chicken, or 18 slices of bread
- Easy clean interior and 90 minute timer with auto shut off feature
- Includes 2 oven racks, a baking pan, and an integrated broiling rack. Watts: 1500W
This countertop oven comes with a very unique benefit. It has a two-level cooking feature, meaning that you can cook two things at a time. In fact, you can actually cook two 16-inch pizzas together.
The fan works very well for even heating. Additionally, it has a great defrosting function. It has a temperature range of 200 to 450 degrees. It may not be important to everyone, but this oven has a very elegant appearance on the outside, mainly due to its stainless steel finish. The digital controls are very user-friendly.
This product is available on a variety of online retail websites, including Amazon, where it has a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
9. Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
- The Breville Smart Oven with Element iQ System is for the home cook who needs a convection countertop oven with high performance and versatility; Reduce your cooking time by up to 30% using the convection setting and choose from 9 cooking functions
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it's needed to create the ideal cooking environment for perfect results every time; Fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- CONVECTION POWERED: The Smart Oven's convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%; An inbuilt fan circulates the hot air within the oven which speeds the cooking process by raising hotter air and sinking colder, less dense air for quicker heating
- 9 COOKING FUNCTIONS: versatile countertop oven with 9 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Roast, Broil, Pizza, Cookies, Reheat and Warm
- LARGE CAPACITY: Large 18.5 x 15.7 x 11.1 inch interior with enough room for 6 slices of bread, 6 cup muffin tray and a 13 inch pizza, made to perfection
This is an oldie but goodie. It’s been around for a long time, but a lot of people still swear by it. It can bake, roast, toast, reheat, boil, and warm, among other things.
The digital display on this countertop convection oven is blue when you’re not using it. When it’s preheating, it’ll turn orange. There are three dials that let you select whatever function you want, out of nine available presets.
This oven incorporates five quartz heating elements that work independently, allowing you to control the level of heat that cooks your food. You also get an auto eject wire rack, a broil rack, a crumb tray, and a pizza and baking pan.
You can find this product from Breville on multiple retail websites, including Amazon, where it has received a rating of 4.3 out of a possible 5 stars.
10. Wisco-620 Commercial Convection Countertop Oven
- Precise, adjustable time and temperature control
- High speed fan for even air distribution
- Temperatures ranging from 100F - 450F
The Wisco-620 Commercial Convection Countertop Oven is definitely a candidate for the best oven. It comes with many wonderful and convenient features. The exterior of this oven is made of stainless steel. It features a removable door, as well as racks that slide out so that you can clean them easily.
The fan inside the oven works at a high speed, ensuring even heat distribution throughout the chamber. The oven is also well-insulated, so you can be sure that the exterior doesn’t get as hot as the exterior of some of its competitors.
You can adjust the temperature between 100 and 450 degrees. That means you can use the oven just to keep food warm or to proof bread dough. On the other extreme, you can use it to make pizza at very high temperatures.
The Wisco-620 Commercial Convection Countertop Oven is available on the sites of online retailers such as Amazon, where it has earned a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Are You Ready To Create Those Confections Via Convection?
As you can see, there are many reasons why you should be interested in the best countertop convection oven. If you’re a wizard in the kitchen, your powers will be multiplied when you get one of these great contraptions.
No matter what you want to cook or bake in the kitchen, it’s very likely that one of these could help you out a lot. That being said, you should definitely do research on exactly what brand and type of countertop convection oven is good for you.
These vary quite a bit in terms of function, and you want to find one that’ll do everything you need it to do in the present and future. You may think that your conventional oven gets the job done, but the truth is that you probably just don’t know what you’re missing.
At the end of the day, you might decide that you don’t need the best countertop convection oven, but it’s definitely worth looking into, isn’t it? You should definitely see and taste the difference that a fan can make in the quality of your food before making a final decision.
What do you think of what you have learned about countertop convection ovens? Share your opinion in the comments section!